Prospex Black Series 1970 Mechanical Diver's Modern Re-interpretation - SLA061J1
Inclusive of all taxes
No Cost EMI available on all credit cards for 3 and 6 months
- Automatic manual-winding capability
- 44 mm round dial
- Stainless steel (hard coating)
- Curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- 20 bar water resistance
- 26 Jewels
- Stop Second hand function
- An additional silicone strap is included
- Serial number engraved on the case back
- LumiBrite on hands, indices and bezel
There are just 1,000 pieces of this particular 2022 ‘Black Series’ design available globally.
Very popular since its inception and now in its fourth year of limited edition release, Seiko Prospex Black Series is inspired by the mysterious world of night diving.
The 2022 Series is inspired by key moments from Seiko’s diving heritage – 1965, 1968 and 1970 – this particular design is a modern version of the 1970 timepiece.
The 1970 Diver’s modern reinterpretation timepiece was named ‘Captain Willard’ by fans for Martin Sheen’s character who wore it in the ‘Apocalypse Now’ movie. The original 1970 Diver’s timepiece was worn by Japanese explorer Naomi Uemura, the first man in the world to climb the highest peaks of each five continents – wearing a Seiko diving watch whilst he did it.
The orange colouring of the markers and lumibrite is designed for increased visibility in the dark word of the night sea – orange is the colour of night divers’ lamps, allowing time to be read clearly under dark conditions.
This timepiece is accompanied by an additional silicone strap and a limited edition box.
Seiko Prospex watches are designed for sports lovers and adventure seekers in the water, in the sky or on land – and are robust for everyday wear, whatever the environment. Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative watchmaking has changed global dive watch standards.
Country of Origin : Japan
- Gender : Men
- Movement : Mechanical
- Movement Type : Automatic & Manual Winding
- Calibre : 8L35
- Accuracy : -10/+15 seconds per day
- Duration : Approx. 50 hours
- Case : Stainless steel (hard coating)
- Case Size : Thickness: 13.0 mm
Diameter: 44 mm
Length: 49.3 mm
- Case Shape : Round
- Dial Colour : Black
- Water Resistance : 20 bar
- Clasp : Three-fold clasp with secure lock, push button release with extender
- Glass Type : Curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Functions : Date display
Stop second hand function
- Band Material : Stainless Steel
- Band Colour : Black
- Other Specifications : LIMITED EDITION on the case back
Screw case back
Serial number engraved on the case back
LumiBrite on hands, indeces and bezel
- Edition : LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 PIECES
"Ships in 24 hours" (Only for selective products) basically means that your product will be shipped out or dispatched from our warehouse within 24 hours after placing the order. Once we receive order, we dispatch it out at the earliest, either on the same day or the next working day depending on when you’ve placed your order.
Our endeavour is to make the products reach you within 4 - 7 Business days for all major cities, from receipt of order and payment depending on the address for delivery.
Once products are delivered to you and accepted as accurate and as per the original order, there is no refund or replacement possible.
To know in detail about our policies, please click